- "哈里" 是一个多义词，查看 哈里 选择浏览其他义项
|配音||Michael G (《寂静岭》、《寂静岭3》)|
|“||At first I thought I was losing my mind. But now I know I'm not. It's not me. This whole town. It's being invaded by the Otherworld.
- 1 性格品质
- 2 身世背景
- 3 Silent Hill
- 4 Portland and murder case
- 5 Silent Hill 3
- 6 Other appearances
- 7 Creator's comment
- 8 Quotes
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
In Silent Hill, Harry meets many people. He forms a bond with Cybil Bennett, a police officer, and they attempt to find his daughter. However, Cybil doesn't seem to understand Harry when he talks about phenomenal things, such as his dreams of the Otherworld and reality.
After exploring Midwich Elementary School, Harry meets Dahlia Gillespie, a priestess of a cult named "the Order", and she often gives clues to help Harry, yet also confuses him in doing so. While exploring the town, Harry often encounters Dahlia's daughter Alessa, although she always disappears before Harry is able to speak to her.
In Alchemilla Hospital, Harry meets a doctor named Michael Kaufmann and a young nurse, Lisa Garland, who grows attached to Harry after he meets her. They have conversations about Silent Hill's past and Harry offers to take her with him, but she declines, stating that she doesn't feel she should leave the hospital.
Harry, Cybil, and Dahlia meet up in the Resort Area to stop Alessa's plan to unleash hell on the town. In order to do this, they need to use the Flauros to stop Alessa before she places the "Mark of Samael" on the lighthouse and Lakeside Amusement Park. Harry arrives at the lighthouse too late, so he heads over to the amusement park to regroup with Cybil, who has been infected by a parasite. Harry has no choice but to defeat her in battle, and Cybil is ultimately killed in the canon ending. Dahlia reveals to Harry that the Mark of Samael is actually a sigil that repels against the cult's god, and Harry realizes he has been deceived.
Harry is then transported to Nowhere, where he reunites with Lisa. Lisa transforms into a deranged nurse, and Harry retreats against a wall in fear as she approaches him, yearning for solace. He locks her in a room alone as she cries, though he feels sympathy for her.
西玻试着射杀达莉亚但失败了，阿莱莎和雪柔合二为一化成了孵化魔女；考夫曼出现，开枪击中了达莉亚并把艾格劳佛提斯扔向魔女，被药水击中的魔女跌倒在地尖叫起来，而梦魇从她的背部钻出，杀死了达莉亚；哈里与梦魇战斗并击败了它，魔女将一个婴儿 (即《寂静岭3》中的希瑟·梅森) 交给了哈里，将逃生路线告诉了他；哈里，西玻和考夫曼三人试图逃生，这时浑身是血的丽莎突然出现，将考夫曼随她拖进了深渊。哈里与西玻继续逃离，但里世界中的此地崩溃极快，魔女便用她残余的法力阻止了周围的坍塌以便二人脱逃。魔女随即被火焰吞噬了，而哈里与西玻带着婴儿逃出生天。
Portland and murder case
After escaping Silent Hill, Harry lived an ordinary life in Portland with his new adopted daughter. Harry was unsure about raising the baby, and considered killing, strangling and abandoning her because he suspected the baby was a reincarnation of Alessa, and Alessa was responsible for taking Cheryl away from him. However, Harry decided to forgive Alessa and raise the baby.
The religious organization of Silent Hill, the Order, had planned to abduct the reincarnated Cheryl/Alessa and proceeded to track her down. Five years after the events of the first game, Harry killed a cult member in self-defense. The cult member attempted to kidnap the reincarnated Cheryl/Alessa. Harry was acquitted in court and relocated to another town to hide incognito.
To ensure his adopted daughter's safety, he dyed her hair from brunette to blonde and renamed her from Cheryl to Heather. Afterwards, he eventually settled in the Daisy Villa Apartments with her. Despite feeling confused and frustrated at who Heather could be, Harry was determined to raise her.
Silent Hill 3
12 years later, the events of Silent Hill 3 take place. Because the game takes place 17 years after the events of the original Silent Hill, Harry is now 49.
Heather runs an errand for her father at the mall and phones her father telling him that she is coming home. Heather's last words to Harry in their conversation are "I love you too, Dad."
When she returns home, Heather discovers her father slumped in a chair, having been brutally murdered by the Missionary under Claudia Wolf's orders. Heather gasps at the sight and sobs uncontrollably, saddened by the sudden loss.
After defeating the Missionary by herself, Douglas Cartland helps Heather move her father's body into his bedroom and covers him with a sheet and lilies. Heather decides to kill Claudia in revenge for her father's death, who is waiting in Silent Hill. Before their car ride to Silent Hill, Douglas gives Heather a postmortem notebook from Harry. The notebook details Harry's experiences from the first Silent Hill game and is a final goodbye to his daughter. Heather wonders if her father would be mad at her decision if he were still alive and promises to return home.
In the chapel, Heather encounters a facsimile of her father's bedroom while traversing the Otherworld church. There, Harry's corpse is missing from the bed, which is stripped of its coverings with scattered lilies on the floor, and a trail of blood leads to the door. If Heather examines the bed, she will state, "This room looks just like Dad's. It's more than just a resemblance. Dad's not sleeping in the bed, though."
After defeating God, Heather mourns over her father's death one last time. Just as she is ready to leave, Heather looks behind her at what is unseen by the player, which may have been Harry's presence.
At the end of the game, when Douglas calls Heather by her name, Heather states that she isn't hiding anymore and wants to be called Cheryl, the name her father originally gave her. The game closes on an image of Cheryl putting flowers next to Harry's grave, having given her father the burial she wanted him to have.
Silent Hill 2
Harry is also found in the UFO endings of both Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3. In Silent Hill 2, he descends from a space ship and asks James Sunderland if he has seen Cheryl; James in turn asks if Harry has seen Mary. James is then zapped by a ray gun and dragged onto the ship.
Silent Hill: Origins
Harry's voice can be heard at the end of Silent Hill: Origin's Good ending, as can his wife's, when they discover Cheryl (off screen) in a field.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
- 查看独立词条: Harry Mason (Shattered Memories)
Harry is the protagonist of the re-imagining of the first Silent Hill game, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which is in a separate continuity. He is 30 years old and wears glasses in the game.
Silent Hill: Revelation
- 查看独立词条: Christopher Da Silva
Christopher Da Silva, husband of the first film's protagonist, Rose Da Silva (who replaced Harry Mason's role in the film), uses the alias "Harry Mason" in order to hide himself and his daughter Sharon (who uses the alias "Heather Mason", respectively) from the Order. Harry is kidnapped by the cult, which forces Heather to go to Silent Hill to find him.
|“||When development first began on this project he was given the name "Humbert Mason" because of his role as the doting, dutiful father, which was referenced from the protagonist of the Stanley Kubrick film Lolita. However, since this is an uncommon name, it was changed by the English staff. The truth is that Harry was the nickname of the person who named the character.||”|
- "This place is like a ghost town."
- "Someday, someone may experience these bizarre events. Hopefully, they will find my notes useful."
- "Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair? Just turned seven last month?"
- "Huh? Radio? What's going on with that radio?"
- "Cheryl is somewhere and she needs my help."
- "This may sound really off the wall, but listen to me. You've got to believe me. I've not gone crazy, and I'm not fooling around."
- "Was that another dream? Did I pass out again? I don't want to think so, but maybe this is all just going on in my head. I could have had a car accident, and now I'm lying unconscious in a hospital bed... I don't know what's real anymore..."
- "Not again...!? No, this time it feels different. Rather than from reality shifting to a nightmare, this is more like reality becoming a nightmare. I don't like this feeling. Like something bad will happen... No doubt, something terrible is going on."
- "Cheryl's my little girl. I will save her, no matter what."
- "I don't know who you are or what you're trying to do, and I don't care. Just one thing. Let Cheryl go. That's all I ask." (to Alessa)
- "I'm in no mood for jokes." (to Dahlia)
- "Cheryl...? Can't be? You can't leave like this... This can't be happening! Cheryl!? ...Cheryl!"
- "I confess I had reservations at first about raising that baby. Could I love her? Her existence was thoroughly unexplainable. I thought, "She could be that young woman who snatched away my beloved daughter." That led to sadness, anger... there were times when I put my hands around her tiny little throat. Several times I even considered abandoning her. That's what a terrible person I am. But I decided to raise her after all. I just couldn't seem to let her go. When she... when you look at me, you laugh, so... Even now, I can't forget about that girl. But I love you. I have no doubts about that. That's all I ask you to believe."
- "But sometimes we have to tell the truth. That's why I'm writing this, before I'm lost in death and oblivion."
- "No matter whose reincarnation she may have been, that girl was my most beloved treasure."
- "When she knows the truth, will she feel bad? That's what worries me."
- "Oh, my poor little Cheryl. I can't believe that! I'm going to Silent Hill and I'm gonna bust some heads!" (Harry in the UFO ending of Silent Hill 3)
- Harry's surname Mason is likely inspired by James Mason, actor of Humbert Humbert in Lolita.
- Harry's radio and pocket clip flashlight serve as the template for nearly all future Silent Hill protagonists.
- Harry is the first male character seen in the series, making his debut within seconds of the opening sequence of Silent Hill.
- Although Harrold is Harry's real first name, it is never acknowledged in the games themselves. It is shown in the Book of Lost Memories, the Play Novel Guidebook, and the official Japanese website. It is also said in the PAL version of the game's instruction manual that his name is "Harold Mason".
- In Silent Hill, a contradictory quote from Harry can be seen by examining the dog house before reading the note at the end of Levin Street. Harry states, "Probably a doghouse, though I'm not sure since there's no dog around", even though there are two dog-like Groaners in the area.
- Harry's face in Silent Hill 3, seen by using a model viewer, shows him clearly aged. It is the same model used for the corpse in front of the TV in Silent Hill 2, which is James's model.
- Harry Mason is referred to by Dahlia as 'the Hermit', the number nine of Major Arcana of a Tarot deck. Alessa kept a collection of Tarot cards, which are found in Silent Hill 3, and in the Book of Lost Memories, many elements of the game are categorized by Tarot cards.
- Harry bears some resemblance to Ash Williams, a character from the Evil Dead franchise. They share the same hairstyles, clothes and handle their weapons in similar ways. The chainsaw and shotgun in Silent Hill were also modeled after Ash's weapons.
- In the UFO ending of Silent Hill 2, Harry's dialogue is the exact same as that of the first game's UFO ending.
- In Silent Hill 3, if the player makes Heather observe her father's bookshelf (in both the apartment and Harry's Otherworld room in the church), it is revealed that Harry loved detective/mystery novels. That being said, it could be assumed Harry was somewhat influenced by the Perry Mason character; his own name can also serve as more evidence, considering "Harry" and "Perry" rhyme and also share surnames.
- It is suggested in Harry's notebook that he is theist, as he states "[Jodie and I] thanked God" about finding Cheryl.
- Christophe Gans, the director of the Silent Hill film, felt Harry was more feminine than masculine in nature, leading to his role being replaced with a woman named Rose Da Silva for the movie. Some fans felt it was a sexist decision because it insinuated a father wouldn't care about his child as much as a mother would, but this wasn't Christophe's intention. Instead, Christophe felt that Harry fainting, talking to himself and being vulnerable wasn't very "masculine". In addition, Christophe wanted the film's theme to be about motherhood and matriarchy, which would have been difficult to achieve with a male lead. Of note, Revelation turns Rose's husband Chris into Harry.
|“||It quickly became clear however Harry never acted like a masculine character. He was constantly dizzy, fainting, talking to himself, screaming and in fact was very vulnerable. We didn't want to betray the nature of the game by changing the character's feelings and motivations, so we felt it was better to change to a female protagonist and retain all those important qualities. I don't want people to think that I have been "politically correct" because we changed Harry into Rose. There is no political correctness in Silent Hill.
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 3: The Novel
|哈里·梅森 - 雪柔·梅森 - 阿莱莎·吉雷斯比 - 达莉亚·吉雷斯比 - 丽莎·加兰 - 西玻·贝内特 - 迈克尔·考夫曼|
|乔蒂·梅森 - 希瑟·梅森 - K·戈登 - 外星人 - 诺曼·杨|
|Air Screamer - Bloodsucker - Creeper - Floatstinger - Grey Child - Groaner - Hanged Scratcher - Incubator - Incubus - Larval Stalker - Mumbler - Night Flutter - Parasite - Puppet Cybil Bennett - Puppet Doctor - Puppet Nurse - Romper - Split Head - Stalker - Twinfeeler - Wormhead|
|Chainsaw - Handgun - Hyper Blaster - Katana - Knife - Pipe - Rifle - Rock Drill - Shotgun - Hammer - Axe|
|艾凯密拉医院 - 安妮酒吧 - 巴尔干教堂 - 游艇 - 5-2咖啡馆 - 寂静岭市中心 - 狗屋 - 吉雷斯比家 - 绿狮古董店 - 壳牌加油站 - 印第安信使 - 湖畔游乐园 - 莱文街 - 灯塔 - 米德维奇小学 - 诺曼汽车旅馆 - 无名之地 - 旧寂静岭 - 奥里奇桥控制室 - 汉堡王后 - 度假区 - 下水道 - 寂静岭警察局 - 寂静岭购物中心 - 托卢卡湖|
|手电筒 - 表世界 - 神灵 - 地图 - 梅塔特隆 - 怪物 - 里世界 - 乐园 - PTV - 收音机 - 现实世界 - 防空警报 - 教团 - 圆阵取字 - 具现化 - 梅塔特隆印章 - UFO结局|
|道具 - 钥匙 - 文档 - 谜题 - 原声 - 秘籍与可解锁内容|
|詹姆斯·桑德兰 - 玛丽·谢帕德-桑德兰 - 安吉拉·奥罗斯科 - 劳拉 - 艾迪·东布罗夫斯基 - 玛利亚|
|欧内斯特·鲍德温 - 艾米·鲍德温 - 玛丽的医生 - 蕾切尔 - 托马斯·奥罗斯科 - 奥罗斯科太太 - 詹妮弗·卡罗尔 - 帕特里克·切斯特 - 米拉 - 哈里·梅森 - 外星人 - 斯科特·费尔班克斯 - 沃特·沙利文|
|Abstract Daddy - Bubble Head Nurse - Creeper - Flesh Lip - Lying Figure - Mandarin - Mannequin - Mary - Prisoners - 三角头|
|Chainsaw - Chinese Cleaver - 大刀 - Great Spear - Handgun - Hyper Spray - Pipe - Revolver - Rifle - Shotgun - Wooden Plank|
|鲍德温公馆 - 蓝溪公寓 - 布鲁克黑文医院 - 卡罗尔街 - 重生教堂 - 狗屋 - 天堂之夜 - 杰克旅店 - 卡茨街 - 迷宫 - 湖景酒店 - 内森大道 - 尼利酒吧 - 尼利街 - 观景台 - 皮特超级保龄球馆 - 伦德尔街 - 瑰水公园 - 寂静岭历史资料馆 - 南谷 - 托卢卡墓地 - 托卢卡湖 - 托卢卡湖心岛 - 托卢卡监狱 - 沃奇斯路 - 林边公寓|
|手电筒 - 表世界 - 小男爵夫人号 - 具现化 - 地图 - 怪物 - 里世界 - 收音机 - 红纸 - 防空警报 - 梅塔特隆印章 - UFO结局 - 性暗示|
|文档 - 道具 - 钥匙 - 谜题 - 原声 - 秘籍与可解锁内容|
|希瑟·梅森 - 道格拉斯·卡特兰 - 文森特·史密斯 - 克劳迪娅·沃夫|
|哈里·梅森 - 阿莱莎·吉雷斯比 - 雷纳德·沃夫 - 斯坦利·柯尔曼 - 丽莎·加兰 - 詹妮弗·卡罗尔 - 约瑟夫·施莱伯 - 詹姆斯·桑德兰 - 生日快乐电话客 - 丹尼 - 告解者 - 外星人 - 罗比兔 - 下水道的仙女|
|Beam Saber - Flamethrower - Handgun - Katana - Knife - Maul - Pipe - Shotgun - Stun Gun - Submachine Gun - Unlimited Submachine Gun|
|Closer - Double Head - Glutton - God - Insane Cancer - Leonard Wolf - Memory of Alessa - Missionary - Monster in Locker - Numb Body - Nurse - Pendulum - Scraper - Sewer Monster - Slurper - Split Worm - Valtiel|
|伯利幽灵馆 - 布鲁克黑文医院 - 卡罗尔街 - 中央广场购物中心 - 教堂 - 建筑工地 - 菊墅公寓 - 快乐汉堡 - 黑泽街站 - 天堂之夜 - 峰顶中心 - 杰克旅店 - KMN汽车配件 - 湖畔游乐园 - 最后一滴咖啡馆 - 内森大道 - 地下通道 - 艾伯特人寿保险|
|手电筒 - 表世界 - 神灵 - 地图 - 梅塔特隆 - 怪物 - 里世界 - 乐园 - PTV - 收音机 - 现实世界 - 教团 - 具现化 - 梅塔特隆印章 - UFO结局 - 性暗示 - 太阳的圣环 - 红纸|
|道具 - 钥匙 - 文档 - 谜题 - 原声 - 限量版原声 - 秘籍与可解锁内容|